Adding Contacts & Importing from Phonebook
You can add and import contacts from your contact list via two methods:
- Search Bar: use the search bar at the top to find contacts across your client list and phonebook. Tap on a phonebook contact to immediately start importing them.
- The (+) Button: tap the (+) button to manually enter a new contact or import up to 50 contacts from your phonebook at once.
Note viewing and importing of contacts from your phonebook requires permissions to your phone’s contacts. If you don’t see your phonebook contacts when searching or importing, check your phone settings and grant Privyr access to phone contacts.
Entering a new Contact
When entering a new client, you’ll be shown a simplified form with the following fields:
- Client Name is only visible to you within the Privyr app for easy reference and searching, and is never shown to your client. It is usually the same as the contact name in your phonebook. This field is required.
- Display Name is used for auto-personalisation and is shown to your clients on content that you send them, such as in your messages, files, and pages. Make sure this is appropriate to be seen by your client. It is usually just the client’s first name (e.g. ‘Katherine’) but can also be a more formal salutation (e.g. ‘Ms. Lim’) depending on your relationship. This field is required.
- Mobile Number is the phone number of your contact, and used to enable quick-sending of content via apps like WhatsApp or SMS. This field is optional.
- Notes are for you to remember details about the contact, such as their preferences and requirements. These are private to you, and never shown to your clients. This field is optional.
If you wish to add more details, tap on the MORE FIELDS button to show the following fields:
- WhatsApp Number is for you to enter a number that the client uses for WhatsApp, if it is different from their mobile number. If left blank, it will be assumed to be the same as their mobile number. This field is optional.
- Email Address is the email of the contact, and is used to enable quick sending of content via email. This field is optional.
Once you’re done, tap the SAVE button to create the contact in your Privyr account. You can always edit or delete the contact at any time.
Note that the app will warn you if the contact already exists in your Privyr account, so you won’t have to worry about duplicates.
Saving to Phonebook
You can quickly save a contact from Privyr to your phonebook without having to copy and paste their details. When viewing the client in Privyr, tap on the Options menu in the top right of the screen, followed by Add to Phonebook.
Note that the app will warn you if the contact already exists in your phonebook, so you won’t have to worry about duplicates.
When viewing a client in Privyr, you can edit their contact details by tapping the Options menu in the top right of the screen, followed by Edit Client.
When viewing a client in Privyr, you can delete their record by tapping the Options menu in the top right of the screen, followed by Delete Client.
You can also delete multiple clients at a time via the bulk actions feature on your client list.
Note that deleting a client will permanently remove them from your Privyr client list, along with any associated data in Privyr. All file or page links previously shared with the client will also be made invalid. However, this does not delete or affect any data in your phonebook.