Files are PDF documents that you can upload to your Privyr account. These are auto-personalised for the client, automatically feature your branding and contact details, and even let you track when they are viewed.
You can add unlimited PDF files to your account, such as product or service brochures, catalogues, price lists, invitations, or other information you wish to share.
Your Files List
To view your files, tap the Content icon in the footer and select the Files tab at the top.
Your Files List shows all PDF files you’ve added to Privyr, sorted by title. It also displays the number of pages in the file and how many clients you’ve shared it with. Tap on a file to view more details and send, edit, or delete it.
Use the search box at the top of the screen to find specific files, or tap the (+) button at the bottom to upload a new file.
Quick Tip: you can set your Files List to open as the default Content tab under your Account Personalisation settings.
Open a file from your file list to view all details and actions related to the file.
Tap the Preview button to see what the file looks like to your clients. Note that the @clientName token will be automatically replaced with the client’s display name when they view it.
The Sharing History shows information on the clients you’ve shared the file with, and how they’ve interacted with it. Tap on any item to view a list of the clients with more details and options available.
- Total Shared is all clients you’ve shared the file with
- Opened are clients that have opened the file at least once
- Unopened are clients that you’ve shared the file with, but haven’t opened it yet
- Viewed in last 3 days are clients that last viewed the file in the past 3 days
- Viewed multiple times are clients that viewed the file two or more times
The SHARE WITH CLIENT button at the bottom allows you to quickly send an auto-personalised version of the file to one or more clients. Just tap this button and select the client you wish to share with, or Bulk Send to up to 50 clients at once.
Tap on the Options button in the top right to edit the file, edit the default message, or delete it.
All files sent through Privyr will automatically feature your contact details and branding at the bottom of the page, alongside clickable buttons to call, SMS, or WhatsApp you.
This helps to build a stronger brand presence and relationship with your clients, and makes it easy for new leads quickly get in touch with you if your files are being forwarded to others.
You can also apply custom branding to your account, featuring your own logo and colours on all files and pages you send (see examples in the image above). Please click here to send us your logo and get your free custom profile branding.
Tracking File Views
All files sent through Privyr are trackable, and will give you real-time alerts whenever your leads or clients view them. Tap the alert to view the client’s timeline with more details such as how many times they’ve opened the file and the total time they’ve spent viewing it.
Note that you can adjust your Notification Settings to customise what type of alerts you get when leads view your files.
You can also see the full sharing history of a file on the file details page, which shows all clients that the file has been shared with, who has and hasn’t opened it, who viewed in the last 3 days, and who has viewed it multiple times.
Tap the Upload button on your file list to select and upload a PDF file from your phone (up to 100 MB or 100 pages).
The File Title will default to the name of the file, but can be edited to something else if you prefer. This title will be displayed to clients at the top of the page when viewing a file, so try to make it descriptive and presentable.
Once you’re done, tap the SAVE FILE button to save the file. It may take a few seconds to process the file and convert it to be auto-personalised, branded, and trackable. Once completed, the file will appear in your file list and can be viewed, sent, edited, or deleted at any time.
Editing and Deleting Files
When viewing a file, you can tap on the Options menu in the top right of the screen to perform a few actions:
- Edit default message to update the default text message that is included every time you send the file to a client. This can be used to provide more information or context before the client opens the file.
- Edit file details to edit the file title or upload a different PDF file to replace the existing one. Note that changing the title or file will automatically update all previously sent links to show the new content, ensuring everyone sees the latest version.
- Delete file to permanently remove the file from your files list, along with any associated data in Privyr. All previously shared file links will also be made invalid, so be careful about deleting files that your clients may try to view again in the future.