You can connect Privyr to your Facebook Pages to receive new leads from your Facebook & Instagram Lead Ads in your Privyr account. This gives you instant new lead alerts and automatically creates the leads in your client list so you can immediately contact them.
You can also share leads from your Facebook Pages with other recipients via email, even if they don’t have a Privyr account.
Connecting to your Facebook Account
Connecting your Privyr account to your Facebook Lead Ads only takes 30 seconds, and can be done directly within the Privyr mobile app:
- From your Account tab, tap on Integrations
- Tap on Facebook and log into your Facebook profile
- Note that if you wish to change the Facebook profile you’re connecting to, you’ll need to log into that account on your phone’s Facebook app or web browser and then try to connect again.
- Select the Facebook Pages you wish to receive leads from
- Ensure all permissions are enabled, then click on DONE
- That’s it! You’ll see a success screen confirming the Facebook Pages you’ve connected to your Privyr account.
We’ll send you a test lead within 15 seconds to demonstrate what happens once you receive a new lead from Facebook, and also give you the option to import past Facebook leads to your Privyr account.
All leads from the selected Facebook Pages will flow through to your Privyr account going forward. If you have new Facebook Pages that you’d like to connect in the future, follow the steps below to update your Facebook Page links.
Note that if you’ve previously connected your Facebook account to Privyr, you’ll need to follow the steps below to manage and update your connected Facebook Pages.
Importing Past Leads
The first time you connect your Facebook account to Privyr, you’ll be automatically prompted to import your Facebook leads from the last 24 hours or last 7 days.
If you skip this step or wish to import leads for newly connected pages later on, you can trigger an import by going to your Account tab > Integrations > Facebook page and tapping on Options > Import Past Leads.
This will give you the option to import leads from the past 24 hours, 7 days, 30 days, and 90 days, and will fetch leads from all connected Facebook Pages and add them to your account, ensuring that existing leads are not duplicated.
Note that Facebook does not keep your leads for more than 90 days, so that is the maximum timeframe to import your past leads.
Updating your Connected Facebook Pages
Facebook will prompt you with a screen that asks if you’d like to continue with your previous settings, with two options:
- Continue if you just want to refresh the links to your previously connected Facebook Pages. This will not allow you to review or select any new Facebook Pages.
- Edit Settings if you wish to review the Facebook Pages you’ve connected and/or select new Pages to add. Use this option to add or remove your connected Facebook Pages.
Renewing Facebook Permissions
Facebook permissions to access leads will automatically expire a few weeks to months after connecting to Facebook. This is normal and is part of Facebook’s process to ensure permissions are always opt-in and under your control.
When this happens, you will receive warnings via the Privyr app and email that your Facebook permissions are expiring or have expired. To refresh your Facebook permissions, go to your Account tab > Integrations > Facebook page and tap on Options > Renew Facebook Permissions. Simply follow the instructions to Continue and renew access.
Note that permissions will also expire if you change your Facebook account password or edit access to your Facebook Pages. In either case, just reconnect to Facebook from the Privyr app to update the permissions and ensure you don’t miss out on any leads.
New Lead Alerts
Once you connect your Facebook Lead Ads to your Privyr account, any new leads from those Facebook Pages will send you a new lead alert via the Privyr app and email. You can configure these alerts via your Account Notification Settings.
You can also enable additional alerts if you haven’t acted on a new lead within 15 minutes and 60 minutes, in case you missed the first notification. You can enable these extra alerts via your Account Notification Settings.
Depending on your New Lead Settings, the NEW LEAD label may be automatically removed when you view the lead, click their contact buttons, send them content, and/or set a follow up. You can also manually mark or unmark a new lead via the options menu when viewing the lead.
Distribute Facebook Leads to other Recipients
You can share leads from your Facebook Pages with other recipients via email, even if they don’t have a Privyr account. This is useful if you’d like to distribute leads to your clients or colleagues, and can be configured to forward all leads from a page to all recipients, or distribute leads equally in a Round Robin fashion.
Recipients will receive new lead details instantly via email, with attribution ‘This lead was sent to you by @name at @company‘ (where @name and @company are replaced with the Name and Company from your User Profile, respectively).
To set up Lead Distribution, go to your Account tab and click on Integrations, then Facebook Lead Distribution. You’ll see a list of Facebook Pages you’ve connected to Privyr, as well as how many lead recipients you’ve set up for each page. Tap on a page to view and configure its recipients.
While viewing a Facebook Page’s recipient list, tap the ‘Add New Recipient‘ button at the bottom to add a new recipient by email address. Once done, they’ll appear within your recipient list for the page. To remove a recipient, simply click on the trash icon next to their name.
You can enable Round Robin distribution to distribute leads equally amongst recipients, so that each recipient receives a single lead each round. If this is enabled, you’ll see a status indicator below each recipient’s name which displays whether they’ve already received a lead in the current round, and who will receive the next lead. Note that at least 2 recipients are required to enable Round Robin distribution.
If Round Robin distribution is disabled, then every lead will be sent to all recipients.
You can view the recent history of leads by clicking on View Recent Leads at the top of the page, which will show the last 25 leads and who they were shared with.
Each Facebook Page can have different recipients and distribution methods, so you have full control over how you’d like to share your leads.
Note that all leads will always be sent to your Privyr account, regardless of your distribution settings.
Delayed Facebook Lead Alerts
Privyr gives instant alerts for new leads generated via Facebook Lead Ads, so you can immediately get in touch with your leads.
However, there are cases where new lead alerts are delayed due to your Facebook settings. This issue may occur if you previously connected certain systems such as Hubspot to receive your Facebook Leads and/or changed your Facebook Business Manager settings, which can impact whether Facebook allows lead alerts to other systems.
If we detect delayed alerts for your account, we’ll give you warnings in the new lead alert emails that your leads may be delayed. Follow the steps below to ensure that real-time lead notifications are enabled for Privyr and all other connected systems:
- Go to your Facebook Business Manager Settings at https://business.facebook.com/settings/leads-accesses/
- Click on Integrations > Leads Access
- Select the Business / Page that you’re receiving leads from
- Click on the CRMs tab
- Click on the Assign CRMs button
- Select Privyr from the list
- Click on the Assign button
- Click on Done
- Privyr should now appear under your Connected CRMs list, and you’ll receive instant new lead alerts going forward
Disconnecting from Facebook
You can completely disconnect your Privyr and Facebook accounts to stop receiving new leads from your Facebook Lead Ads. This can be useful if you want to change Facebook accounts or prevent access to those Facebook leads going forward.
To fully disconnect your Facebook Account, go to your Account tab > Integrations > Facebook and tap on Options > Disconnect Facebook account
Facebook Integration FAQ and Common Issues
Here are some of the common questions and issues faced when using the Facebook integration with Privyr:
Connecting Facebook to Privyr
- I have multiple Facebook accounts. How do I select or change the account to use with Privyr?
- I can’t see or select the Facebook Page(s) I want to connect to Privyr
- How do I connect more Facebook Pages to Privyr?
- I created a new Facebook Lead Form. How do I connect it to Privyr?
- Error: ‘Insufficient Permissions’ when connecting Facebook Pages
- Error: ‘Failed to Connect’ when connecting Facebook Pages
- Error: ‘Permissions Expired’ on Facebook Pages
Receiving and Viewing Facebook Leads in Privyr
- I’m not receiving any Facebook Leads
- Some of my Facebook Leads are missing
- My Facebook lead alerts are delayed. Why aren’t they immediate?
- How do I view the Campaign, Adset and Ad Details for a lead?
Checking Facebook Permissions for Leads Access